We will reveal and foster God’s healing love by improving the health of the individuals and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith, we will partner with our patients and communities to exceed their expectations for health.
- Caring Spirit – We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
- Excellence – We set and surpass high standards.
- Good Humor – We create joyful and welcoming environments.
- Integrity – We do the right thing with openness and pride.
- Safety – We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
- Stewardship – We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.
In 1986, Sister Rosalie Mahoney expressed concern that many low-income residents of Leavenworth County had no medical coverage or access to care. Her initiative made possible Saint Vincent Clinic, established in 1986, to provide a cost-effective, accessible health care facility for Leavenworth residents.
Recognizing a similar need in Wyandotte County, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth and many community partners brought Sister Rosalie’s vision alive again with the establishment of Duchesne Clinic in 1989. The two clinics have been incorporated since 1993 as Caritas Clinics, Inc; providing quality, affordable health care for those in need.
Founded on the belief that health care is a basic human right, Saint Vincent and Duchesne Clinics provide services to indigent patients, regardless of religious affiliation, with an emphasis on the values of compassion, respect of personal dignity, and a sensitivity to human suffering. The clinics’ mission is to, in the spirit of the Sisters of Charity, reveal God’s healing love by improving the health of the individuals and communities we serve — especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Caritas Clinics is a ministry of SCL Health.