The Clinic Manager is responsible for carrying out the health care mission and the objectives of the SCL Health System as it relates to the overall business operations and affairs of the clinic. In doing so, he/she establishes short– and long–range goals, objectives, plans and policies subject to approval of the Executive Director. Performs related duties as required.
818 N. 7th Street, Leavenworth, KS 66048
• Promotes the philosophy and mission of the SCL Health System throughout the clinic. Promotes a positive working relationship with and among all clinic staff and volunteers.
• Oversees daily clinic operations, including supervising clinic personnel. Evaluates employee performance and recommends to Executive Director personnel actions such as promotions and disciplinary actions. Maintains a copy of job descriptions and personnel records. Maintains contact with the Medical Director, Nurse Manager and the medical providers to ensure effective day-to-day operations.
• Serves as a member of the Caritas Clinics Operations Committee.
• At the direction of Executive Director and with the Director of Development, maintains continuing relationships with the business and civic community, government agencies, and private foundations supporting health care activities. Represents the clinic at local levels.
• Reviews all patient complaints and makes proper determination in each case.
• Makes final determination on availability of clinic services to individual patients as needed.
• Assures that all programs and services are delivered according to clinic quality standards.
• Directs the completion of all reports in a timely fashion.
• Maintains accurate patient statistics and provides monthly reports to the Executive Director.
• Solicits volunteer medical and non-medical professionals. Coordinates all volunteer scheduling and appropriate volunteer statistics.
• Coordinates and supervises all non-medical volunteers.
• Manages and participates in patient recruitment activities.
• Plans and schedules staff meetings and individual conferences with clinic employees.
• Helps ensure adequate levels of office supplies, forms and equipment.
• Is knowledgeable about all programs offered to clinic patients, including the Indigent Pharmaceutical Program and Early Detection Works program.
• Coordinates building maintenance and janitorial services.
• Performs other duties as required by the Executive Director.
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or a healthcare related field, Business Administration, or related field is preferred. Courses should include health care organization management, statistics, accounting and finance.
• Experience – Approximately 3-5 years in a health care organization to gain an understanding of the administrative aspects of the health care field and to be able to effectively direct clinic operations is preferred. Nursing background is a plus.